Making a small space to look bigger is a challenging thing to do. The lighting design idea can affect the beauty of the house. Light takes an important role in creating a good atmosphere of the space. You can make a small house looked bigger by applying the appropriate color scheme, lighting design ideas and the right arrangement of the furniture.In this article, you will get some adorable small house lighting design ideas that can be applied to narrow spaces. These lightning ideas can be a clue to have a bigger space for a small house.Read also: 10 Small House Hacks Space Saving Ideas.
1. Using the Track LightHave you ever heard about the track lighting? Track lighting is a method in lighting design where the light sockets attached to a tracking device that provides the conductor. This type of lighting idea is popular because it is great for a small space. It can light a certain part of the space which needs light the most.You can change the position of the lighting fixture according to your needs. The track lighting fixtures are available in many sizes and shapes. You can choose a certain shape that can give artistic value into your interior design. The track lighting provides perfect light that contains art in the installment.
2. Using the Natural LightThe natural light can give a tremendous result for any small spaces. You can take advantage of the sunlight to brighten your space in the morning and afternoon. It will make the small rooms looking spacious by making the shade disappeared. The rooms will look brighter and wider.It is better for the small house to place the glass-window to maximize the sunlight. The sunlight can provide the house with enough light to illuminate the space.
3. Don’t use the Huge Light FixtureA huge lighting fixture can make the small room lose its space. It will take much space that can make the room looks full and crowded. One of the smart tricks to use in small space lighting design idea is the use of a small lighting fixture.The small lighting fixture can save more space without diminishing the functions. The big fixture, such as crystal chandelier or the traditional ones is not appropriate for a house with small space.
4. Using the Recessed LightsAnother method to choose for the small house lighting design idea is the use of recessed lights. This method advantage the ceiling as the spot for the light fixtures. It is installed into a spot that shapes like a hole in a ceiling.Making the ceiling looks spotless and clean. The recessed light is the best option to make a spacious room. This type of light is quite popular now a days because looked modern and elegant for any rooms in your house.The light that is shown up from the hole of the ceiling will give a perfect light to the certain area of the room. There are many types of recessed light that can be chosen. There are three main elements of recessed light. They are the bulb, trim and housing. It will be a great hidden light that can enlighten the room perfectly.
5. Combine Some Type of Light FixturesMost people will agree to use some combination of light fixtures. This aims to avoid any boredom that might create by the use of single fixture. You can combine the use of recessed lighting, wall lighting, and floor lighting. Try to use the light according to your needs and its function.The recessed light can add the beauty of the interior design as they are installed hidden in the ceiling. The wall lighting will uplift the atmosphere of the room since it can scatter the light into the room. The right choice of the floor lighting will make the brighter. It also can be the focal point of the room, besides perform its function as the give direct light to the certain area.
6. Choose the Simple Style of FixturesA huge light fixture can make the small room lose its mood. It will take much space that can make the room looks full and crowded. One of the smart tricks to use in the small space lighting design idea is the use of a small lighting fixture.The small lighting fixture can save more space without diminishing the functions. The big fixture, such as crystal chandelier or the traditional ones is not appropriate for a house with small space.
7. Simple Pendant for High CeilingSome small houses come with a high ceiling. You can advantage the high ceiling to create a spacious space by installing hanging pendant in the ceiling. The high ceiling will draw the attention of any eyes. They will see the room as larger as it should be. The focus will come into the height of the room.There are many types of hanging pendants that can be selected from the various options. Some options that never fail to amaze you are bell pendant, cone-glass pendant, globe pendant, and cylinder pendant. The glass material is the best to choose. The transparency can give minimalist look to every space in a house.
8. Get the Right Bulb’s ShadeDo you plan to buy the right shade for your light’s bulb? The perfect shade can give the illusion to the room and make it bigger. The right shade can elevate the mood of the room. The white or off-white shade can be a good option when it comes to the light. Nowadays, there are many choices of light bulbs with modern technology that you can pick.There are many adorable small houses lighting design ideas can be chosen for a small house. You can adapt ideas above that work best for your house. Some adorable small house lighting design ideas are the use of track light, natural lights, small light, recessed light, simple light, hanging pendant and the right shade of bulb. Hope this information can help you to find an inspiration to light your small area with the best lighting design idea.